2022 Junior English 2 or 3 week English Summer Camp
Courses June/ July 2022
Host Family Accommodation
Cork English World in partnership with Infinity English College offer an "English Summer Camp"
Students should be in junior education and interested drama/music/performance, centered around, Communication skills, Social Awareness, Environment & Sustainability issues and Irish culture.
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and materials required to enhance their English language competence, become more socially and environmentally responsible whilst also gaining knowledge about Irish culture.
The course enables students to develop communication skills through English classes incorporating Drama which enable students to explore various acting styles and genres, improve spoken skills and confidence as stories and emotional content of a selected musical play is communicated through words. The programme also includes an element of Social Awareness, Environment and Sustainability and an introduction to Irish Culture. Students will be taught about Irish history, writers, music, Irish folklore & customs, as well as Irish sport and cuisine. At the end of this program the students will have a better insight into real- life English speaking situations and
2 or 3 week course
IEC Campus, Kanturk, Co. Cork, Ireland
Monday to Friday,
9:30am to 4.30pm
Afternoon Cultural activities and Cultural Tours included
Host Family Accommodation
Our host families are very carefully selected to ensure a relaxing and comfortable stay for you. Living with a family is a good way to practise your English in an authentic setting and experience Irish life and culture.
You will be welcomed by your family at the campus (private coach transfers to/ from Cork airport) and treated as a member of the family. During your stay with the host family, you will enjoy Irish hospitality and improve your English while experiencing a real Irish family. Many of our families have been hosting students for a number of years and they understand how important it is to provide students a home away from home
Host families are located within walking distance or a 10-15 minute drive of the campus. Students are dropped to and picked up from the campus everyday.
- Meet & greet on arrival
- Induction on Arrival
- Project based lessons 15 hours per week covering: English Language Development, Drama & Communication skills, social awareness issues for teenagers, Social and environmental awareness and sustainability, Irish Culture
- Accommodation: Host Family shared rooms (2 per family), full board (breakfast, packed lunch & evening meal)
Plus: Activities & Excursions:
- 6 or 9 daily Afternoon Activities including, Irish sports, Irish culture, Irish music and dancing!
- 10 or 15 Evening activities including live Irish music, Lesson on Irish Bodhran & tin whistle,
‘Irish Soda Bread’ baking lesson, Irish Drama & End of course party etc!
- 4 or 6 Half Day excursions including: Doneraile Wildlife Park (Heritage Park), Mallow Castle,
Blarney Castle in Cork, Ballyhass Lakes Outdoor Activity Centre,
- 3 Full day excursions to Killarney Co. Kerry (Ross castle, Muckross National Park,
Torc Waterfall & shopping) and The Titanic Experience Cobh Co Cork & Cork City Guided tour and shopping
- Staff member in attendance on all excursions & activities
2 weeks: €1,450
3 weeks: €1,900
Supplement for Return Transfers - Cork €45, Dublin Airport €90
Additional leaders at 60% of the cost
Travel cards not needed